Sales Administrative Position
The Red and White Fleet is looking for competent, multi-skilled, enthusiastic individual interested in a Sales Administrative positions within our Sales and Marketing team.
Successful applicants will become a member of our small family business, a group who take pride in our services, reputation, and camaraderie. As a sales professional, you will be a point of contact for our guests with the opportunity to share your knowledge and enthusiasm for our wonderful city and its many exciting attractions. You will become an ambassador for our business and with each interaction be able to leave our guests with a lasting positive impression of their time on San Francisco Bay.
Desired qualifications include previous employment experience in Sales and Marketing, however, this is an entry level position. Ability to multitask effectively, interact with large groups of people and remain calm under pressure.
Applicants must also be honest, reliable, organized, and outgoing, have excellent customer service and communication skills, be well groomed, and work well with others. As we cater to many international tourists, bi/multi-lingual skills are a plus.
This job requires availability for evening, weekend, and holiday shifts and participation in company’s drug and alcohol free program. Applicants must possess and provide proof of current authorization for employment in the United States. Applicants must also successfully complete a criminal background check pursuant to the Fair Chance Ordinance.
The Red and White Fleet, a San Francisco icon in Fisherman’s Wharf with family roots back to 1892, offers bay cruises, land tours, and vessel charters throughout the Bay Area. Learn more about us at www.redandwhite.com.
We offer competitive wages depending on experience and room for development and growth. Come work in a dynamic and exciting environment serving passengers who cruise San Francisco Bay.
Applicants interested in the position should send a personalized cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Red and White Fleet Management will contact qualified applicants to further discuss the application process.
Reports to: Director of Sales and Marketing
Schedule: Full Time Tue-Sat 8:30-5:30– Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends as necessary
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
- 3-5 years of office, marketing or sales experience, travel industry experience is a plus
- Bilingual is a plus
- Required Bachelor’s degree in Business and/or Marketing is preferred.
- Advertising: Brochures, ads, signs, outdoor media, digital, broadcast
- Product: Identify and explore new product offerings
- Direct marketing: Targeted/ addressed non-personal communications to affect a measurable response and/ or transaction.
- E-communications: Computer-based marketing communications using online networks and digital interactive media.
- Personal selling: Face-to-face presentation of a product or during sales calls, trade shows, reservation staff trainings or onsite/offsite meetings.
- Public relations: Media releases, newsletters, media communications, FAM trips, networking with travel trade PR reps from DMOs)
- Sales promotions: Implement short-term techniques designed to stimulate interest, trial or purchase by end-users or purchase or promotion by members of the distribution channel.
- Cause marketing: Fund and communicate non-profit activities in order to generate promotional opportunities as well as serve society.
- Media: Determine cost-effective channels of communications that cater to target markets
- Financials: Responsible for sales and marketing planning and all revenue projections, demand and revenue generation and budgets (excluding bar services), as well as all sales and marketing expense budgets.
- External Sponsorship: Identification and development of new sources of revenue by third- party organizations in line with Red and White’s marketing objectives.
- Measurement: Track and report results of campaigns in order to determine ROI and most successful avenues for marketing Red and White’s services
- Website/Social Media: Oversee Red and White Fleet web and social media efforts.
Develop and Maintain Alliances and Partnerships with Industry Clients:
- Manage relationships with Online Travel Agency accounts and ensure accurate representation of Red & White Fleet products and content on OTA sites
- Develop and negotiate successful retail promotions with industry clients if and when deemed feasible
- Attend Industry related events
Preparation of Marketing and Promotional Material:
- In collaboration RWF senior management write publish and distribute news releases for media in print and electronic formats
- Manage social media communications, write and broadcast blog content
- Edit and develop video and photo content for Red & White Fleet advertising and marketing efforts
- Write and distribute electronic consumer and industry newsletters
- Create collateral marketing materials in collaboration with graphic designer
- Support Director of Sales and Marketing with marketing campaigns and public relation communications
- Respond to clients in a professional and timely manner